Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Israel

This summer I had my heart set on going to London. Well, that didn't pan out. However, there is a trip that's more in my price range: Israel with Dr. Appold.

It's 5 weeks. We spend most of it in Israel at an archeological dig. Weekends are spent traveling to places around the middle east like Jordan, Egypt, Syria and other parts of Israel. We'd stay in a kibbutz just off the Sea of Galilee and have shabbat dinners every Friday.

Pair all this with the fact that I'll have a semester of Hebrew under my belt and you have a life changing experience that includes 6 credit hours!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Dr. Appold told me students are allowed to bring home shards of pottery that the archeologists deem irrelevant. The anthropology nerd in me is purring very loudly.

No comments: