Friday, January 2, 2009

Dear, I thought I'd drop a line.

The weather's cool, the folks are fine.
I'm in bed each night at nine.
P.S. I love you.

Yesterday we had some rain,
but all and all, I can't complain.
Was it dusty on the train?
P.S. I love you.

Write to the Browns as soon as you're able
they came around to call.
I burned a hole in the dining room table
and let me see, I guess that's all.

Nothing left to tell you, dear.
Except each day, seems like a year.
Everybody's thinking of you.
P.S. I love you.

I have a new favorite singer: Nellie McKay - she was Polly Peachum in the original revival of Threepenny. She also plays the ukulele. (Elle, aussi joue du ukulele!) Sorry, I thought the last sentence in French first. My French 120 mind wants to be bilingual! Je ne veux pas retourner au collège. Parce qu'il est difficile et stressant.

Ok, that's all.

P.S. I love you.

1 comment:

The Bigger Voice said...

Oh my dear lauren...I read your comment and yes you did comment a lot maybe over your bounds but that is alright. As far as the issue with ya know who...I'm still considering what you have said however it would have been better to hear it from her even if it was just a text message.
And as far as the residents at the Groves we do have to remember that even though they can be mean and heartless at times the Nursing home is their world now. No more malls or houses and shopping on the Plaza just the Groves forever and ever! And as to this current post did you write this or twas it by someone else? I like a lot!
Hope your new year is ok!