Tuesday, February 17, 2009

poem for your perusal

Wind tears through gloves
as searing cold grips my spine.
I lift my chin skyward, in want of
solace, an inverse prayer.

The stars are the stars, as always.

Amidst them the burning numbness of cold
is melted to the gentle sting of infinity
and inferiority.

Yet, all to soon the wind rushes
and I am cold again.

-------

I wish my poetry wasn't so jagged. I don't know how to smoothly connect thoughts.

Exciting news, today I found out that Truman awarded me a study abroad scholarship. I'm pretty excited because it makes Israel financially feasible. Now the only thing that can get in the way of me and the Sea of Galilee is terrorism.

p.s. Arabian Nights was fantastic, go see it.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Congrats on your scholarship! so exciting. Can't wait until March 1st, and no Mizzou doesn't have a chance, I'm not one to make bold statements but you'll lose badly. We can still be friends though.