Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm a part-time misanthrope that wants to save humanity

Most of the time, when I find something stupid, I don't respond. I think, "I'm not going to honor this with a response." This leads to a lot of opinions being swallowed out of respect to B.F. Skinner's Behaviorist Theory.

What I really want to say is that I wish that people would just step outside their own perspective and consider how truly ignorant they are. The library is humbling. The idea of academia is humbling. We can't possibly have a definitive, "this is absolutely right", opinion on politics or aesthetics. Don't get me wrong, I believe in absolute truth- I just don't think society knows how to discuss it.

Language is so crippling. And I hate people who think they've mastered it because they have used an SAT vocab word.