Monday, May 11, 2009

It's frustrating that the last week of class is also the last week to say goodbye to everyone. Now that I'm home, I feel as though I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to everyone. Now I won't see a lot of them till August.

Although, I definitely needed a break from Kirksville. Since being home I've had chinese, my Dad's BBQ, frozen custard, and Chiptole. The food just can't be compared.

What else?

Oh! I had a jury. Emily played for me and they even offered her money to accompany other voice students. My jury went well, but not nearly as well as Mathew's. (They told him to quit being a history major and switch to voice.) However, I got a lot of positive feedback and I also have a clear idea of what I need to improve. (Namely, stage presence and more support up high.) Hopefully, I can iron these issues out next semester. One thing is certain, Nicole has EXPONENTIALLY improved my voice. I couldn't fathom a high high C and now it's definitely possible. (It's still rather faint though.) Sometime, I'll sing an aria on my lap top and post it on here. (Maybe I'll be bored enough to do that tomorrow?) Who knows..

Speaking of singing. I have a horrible feeling that our theatre department might do Les Miserables next year. (I don't know why I think that, but I do!) There are precious few things I want more than the opportunity to play Eponine. I cannot imagine anything more disappointing than auditioning and not making the show. I'm not involved in the department anymore and I don't think I'd have much of a shot. That being said, I cannot stand to think of someone else playing Eponine at Truman. It's just too heartbreaking. I want the part the way Eponine wants Marius. It's ridiculous and pathetic, but a fact. Just pray that Ron doesn't pick Les Mis!!

2 comments:

emily said...

I totally agree about the food thing. That's one reason I would not enjoy living in a small town permanently. Not enough food options!!!

Jamie said...

oh no. i love love love les mis too and i reeeeeeeally hope we don't do it. for different reasons i guess, but...still. gah!