Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moonshine Lullaby

Tonight I was baby-sitting my next door neighbor's 7 month old son and he wouldn't stop crying. I tried everything: standing, sitting, jumping, bouncing... the whole nine yards. In desperation, I started to sing Moonshine Lullaby and he almost instantly calmed down! It was adorable, so I kept singing to him. Everything from showtunes, humming classical music, and even some Elton John. He was my best audience ever.

I want two kids, have I ever told you? I want to have one of each. But not till I'm in my thirties, post Ph.D. and have traveled to at least all the major art museums in the world. (Louvre, El Prado, Tate Modern etc. etc.) This summer, while we are in Jerusalem, we will see the Hadasseh (sp?) which is a hospital in which Mark Chagall designed the stain glass. Way cool.

Ok, why do ALL of my blog entries have to be about travel - it's obsessive. At least I'm taking a bite out of my ambitions this summer. I think I'd go stir crazy otherwise!

No comments: